MHHS Newcomer Resource Centre is taking reservations for hall rentals for training and social functions.
General Guidelines and Requirements
- For purposes of this policy, any reference to facilities includes reference to any property of the Society, including furniture and equipment.
- Every group or organization is required to abide by all Society guidelines, requirements and other restrictions regarding usage of the Society facilities.
- Users of the Society policies agree to use utmost care in the use of Society facilities and agree to leave the facilities in good, clean condition.
- All requests for usage of the Society facilities are subject to approval.
- Each user of the facility is required to complete and submit the signed agreement before using the facility.
Additional Requirements and Restrictions
- Those using MHHS facilities agree to release, protect, defend, indemnify, and hold harmless MHHS and its board of directors, employees, members and other representatives from and against any and all claims and liabilities, losses, damages, actions, costs and expenses directly or indirectly arising out of their use of any MHHS facilities. It is recommended that the renter/group/ organization purchase insurance for before conducting the event.
- Those using MHHS facilities is responsible to set up and take down tables and chairs, equipment and leave the space as one receives it. To prevent damage to the floor and additional janitorial charges, tables and chairs are to be lifted, not pushed, during set up and take down.
- In the event of damage to the facilities, those using the facilities shall accept the amount of repair and replacement costs as estimated,or otherwise determined, by the Building Facility Coordinator, and shall pay MHHS for such repair and replacement costs upon demand.
- For children and youth events, the applicable group or organization must provide adequate supervision. You are held responsible for whatever accidents or other untoward incidents may happen.
- The renter is responsible to inform the parents of the children about drop-off and pick-up policy.
- The transfer or passing on by any group or organization of permission to use MHHS facilities to other persons or organizations is strictly prohibited.
- The renter must confine to the area provided in the Facility Usage Agreement and will not exceed the capacity limits of the requested facility area.
Please ensure that you have received and understood the information/checklists given at time of orientation. It is understood that you are not representing MHHS NRC in any way. MHHS NRC is not liable for any injury, loss or damages to personal or other property, arising from rental or use of facility/equipment. It is recommended that your organization purchase insurance for this event.
Rental, and/or deposits have to be paid in full within 7 business days of confirmation, or at time of booking if the booking date is made within 7 business days. Deposit cheque will be returned less any damages, after hour/custodial charge, and only if checklist is signed by renter upon clean up time.( A custodial fee of $50.00) + per hour will be charged for incomplete cleaning or replacing furniture/equipment.
Cancellation Policy: 30 days’ notice will be required for charges or refund(less an administration charge of 15% of rental cost.) Without 30 days’ notice, rental fee will not be refunded. In the event of extreme weather conditions, MHHS NRC building may be closed for safety reasons. In this case of closure, rental fees will be partially credited/refunded. MHHS NRC will withhold $75 to cover administration expenses. Rental fees will not be credited or refunded if MHHS NRC remains open for operation and renter chooses to cancel the booking on his own.
Non Sufficient Funds or Returned Cheques: $25 will be charged for NSF or returned cheques to cover our cost for both bank charges and administration.
Capacity Limit: MHHS NRC reserves the right to cancel booking at any time if the number of people attending exceeds the maximum capacity allowed.
To inquire or make reservations, call 604-879-3277 and look for Amy or email firstname.lastname@example.org.